- Tell us about yourself.
My name is Elivia I’m 20 years old and I’m a dancer!
- How long have you been with CrossFit Tides and what made you decide to start?
Have been with CrossFit tides for about 9 months and I joined to improve my overall health and athleticism in dance.
- What do you enjoy most about Tides or CrossFit in general?
What I enjoy most about my training at Crossfit is the versatility of the movements and exercises, and that there really is something for everyone.
- What have you learned since joining Tides?
Since joining tides I’ve learned to be more patient and to look for longer term results, as opposed to short term fixes. I’ve also learned how much just having basic, good health improves your life.
- What is your proudest moment?
My proudest moment in crossfit isn’t one specifically. It’s anytime I think I can’t do something and then power through and finish a workout that seemed impossible to me.
- How have you seen yourself change- mentally and physically since joining Tides? What impact has CFT had on you in and out of the gym?
Physically I feel better and stronger in my everyday life. Mentally I’ve definitely developed a much more positive and healthy relationship with food and my body, which overall has made me happier and reduced my stress.
- When you’re not CrossFitting what is your favorite thing to do?
When I’m not crossfitting I love to dance, read, and spend time with my family and pets!
- The one tip you’d give someone who is thinking about starting or just started?
The advice I would give I’d be patient and go at your own pace. You will get results based off what you put into it, but your results need to be something that motivates you, they can’t be determined by someone else.
Favorite Cheat Meal: Boston Creme Donut or Ice Cream of any kind
Favorite Musician/Band: no specific favorite but I consistently listen to Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith and I love reggaeton music!
Favorite Sports Team: I don’t watch sports.
Favorite TV Show/ Movie: my favorite tv shows would be Reign and The Mindy Project and my favorite movie is Shall We Dance?
Favorite Athlete: my favorite dancers are Yulia Zagoruychenko and Kristina Moshenskaya.